Attitude Of Gratitude

A THANKFUL HEART
I try to hold fast to the truth that a full and thankful heart cannot entertain great conceits. When brimming with gratitude, one's heartbeat must surely result in outgoing love, the finest emotion that we can ever know.
— AS BILL SEES IT, p. 37
I thank God everyday for leading me to AA.  I start my day with my Daily Reflection reading to put myself in the correct frame of mind.  I need an attitude adjustment the minute I wake up along with lots of coffee.  I am thankful for the life he has given me and blessings he has gifted me.  
If I start to doubt God's plan for me and become ungrateful, my self seeking ways slowly creep back into my life.  I will lose sight of the plan he has for me.  I will become so wrapped up into my own world that I become of no use to others who need help.  
I have to remember where God has put me and where I came from when I started my journey in recovery.  I cannot take those blessings for granted ; they are to be shared with others.  
Having an attitude of gratitude is my key to staying sober and helping the next alcoholic.


Comments

  1. Gratitude changes everything doesn't it? Al-Anon started the seed of grateful thinking inside of me and I've worked hard on developing it as much as I can with where I am right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pain Is Inevitable, Suffering Is Optional

Always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine...