Taking Action

"The difference between who you are and what you want to be...is what you do."


For some of us, taking action is a scary undertaking.  It means we must change something about how we act.  It means we must examine our behaviors. 

Early in my recovery, I can remember being scared to take action.  There were many things I needed to remove from my life, and there were many things I needed to add to my life.  This meant changing my whole routine.  I am a creature of habit, so any change in my routine created anxiety.  Anxiety is one of my biggest triggers.  

I had to learn that I was not in control and that I needed to let go of my old thinking and learn to take direction.  I needed to be teachable, learn to listen,  learn to pray, learn to trust a power greater than myself.   I needed to learn how to have faith in something greater than myself. I had to learn tolerance, patience, understanding and most of all helping others. 

These are all necessary actions that I have to take on a daily basis to stay sober. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attitude Of Gratitude

Pain Is Inevitable, Suffering Is Optional

Always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine...